Back to ForumBack to top
JeroenBekkers - 9 months ago
Tweaks in light settings

We just released a few tweaks regarding lights.  We think these are necessary improvements but we are still tweaking so any feedback or testing would be appreciated as always

1.  Nightmode is now working for normal renders.  This means you can make your rooms much darker. You can still not make rooms pitch black (you need photorealistic renders with no lights for that) but the effect of lights in night rooms will be stronger and hopefully offers you new ways to create a better atmosphere. 

2. We fixed the "black glass" problem for photorealistic rendering. This will make rooms with lots of glass objects much more realistic. It will take a bit more time to render rooms with lots of glass elements but we think it is worth the extra wait

3. We made some adjustments in the Light intensity of both the sun and  lamps for the photorealistic rendering. They are now substantially less intense.   Making it easier not to overnight your scenes especially for outdoor scenes .

Anyway hope you enjoy the new possibilities of the tweaks and please let us know if we broke something or can further improve upon this.

JeroenBekkers 9 months ago
52 replies
starsector - 9 months ago

Awesomeness!

starsector 9 months ago
Theadora - 9 months ago

Not so awesome :(

All was well 2 days ago with table lamp at 20, chandelier turned off, "sunlight" West/high.

Gfr4h0ohxpiy  fu 

Theadora 9 months ago
Theadora - 9 months ago

Today, same settings, nothing but darkness...changed daylight to high...nada...tried the light slider...seems to be disabled...not impressed!

Xbnkweiwqbcgiel9 

Theadora 9 months ago
Naavarin - 9 months ago

This is a wonderful idea with the day/night! Will try something soon :)

Naavarin 9 months ago
Theadora - 9 months ago

I looks like someone deleted the sun! :)

Theadora 9 months ago
Theadora - 9 months ago

Soooo, my bad, totally misinterpreted the light slider, going to have a nap now, need to get rid of all those cobwebs. :)

Theadora 9 months ago
cogito agent - 9 months ago

A trick : nightmode at "working" daylight ...

Cinr3yqev3jocy8q

cogito agent 9 months ago

But sometimes the trick works against creator :

"We fixed the "black glass" problem for photorealistic rendering. "

L4zu7kffrhryye c

TV Renders - 9 months ago

@cogito agent are you referring to the reflection of the glass?

TV Renders 9 months ago

If that was the case, is because in your room there is nothing to reflect for those glass panels (except a plain white wall).

If you put a window or something in the wall fasing the panels, the result is very different. See here:

Ysz0e16xsr8v4lmd

TV Renders 9 months ago
Hi, my problem is the black window. in the first example it produces the "night-feeling" - in the second one, i dont want it . it cost me hours to find out, that more than two Windows and/ or glass-walls in a row produce a black third one.

We are actually working on a fix for this, and it will deployed on Monday. Thanks

TV Renders 9 months ago
anchajaya - 9 months ago

I love the black glass, feel free to remix this room for testing: 

19143633 1494079369 

anchajaya 9 months ago
anchajaya - 9 months ago

I am grateful for the experiences~ so much to learn. Can't imagine what chaos and madness goes on behind the scenes. Keep on thriving folks~

Iomywe2ekivze7tv 

anchajaya 9 months ago

The issue with the double glass is fixed

TV Renders 9 months ago
anchajaya - 9 months ago

The glass in the room are still black, does it mean I have to re render?

anchajaya 9 months ago
Valentinapenta - 9 months ago

Love the nightmode, however, from my recent experience using it on some of my designs, it seems you can't change back to daylight  if you want.  Is this the case or is it just a glitch for my rooms? 

Valentinapenta 9 months ago
afg15 - 9 months ago

@anchajaya, you gave me this idea

Uvwij18xe5qrrpgh

afg15 9 months ago
anchajaya - 9 months ago

@afg15, that looks great! :D

anchajaya 9 months ago
anchajaya - 9 months ago

@TVRenders & jeroenbekkers  Is it possible to have the starry night background of this room show up?  19297968 1494909502

anchajaya 9 months ago
anchajaya - 9 months ago

Before IRay: Ibrdydggj voe0qx 

anchajaya 9 months ago
JayPH - 9 months ago

That's the same thing that happened to me before, the background doesn't showed up when I used photorealistic render

17707988 1487101354

JayPH 9 months ago
janip - 8 months ago

Great stuff  roomstyler must keep testing!;)

janip 8 months ago
TV Renders - 8 months ago

@anchajaya, with the new settings, NIGHT will always make the environment/background pitch black.

If you want to keep the image outside, you need to use DAYLIGHT on, but with an intensity near to the 0 value (please see room below).

r ldom amhb7mb

Hope this makes sense.

TV Renders 8 months ago
TV Renders - 8 months ago

19339107 1494863924

TV Renders 8 months ago
JayPH - 8 months ago

This shows in normal render with the background showed up, however using the photorealistic render that scenery background will not show up... 

JayPH 8 months ago
JayPH - 8 months ago

sorry but maybe this is just for some instances, so better to use the DAYLIGHT on setting.

JayPH 8 months ago
anchajaya - 8 months ago

I made the request to re render in IRay but the tap is not showing that I made the request. I did click the request twice and there is no change to the tap that say (3 times). How do I know if rerender is being processed?

anchajaya 8 months ago
anchajaya - 8 months ago

I broke the re-render button?

anchajaya 8 months ago
JayPH - 8 months ago

You should wait for about 10-15 minutes? Go to your dashboard and the rendered appears on your design when it's ready...

JayPH 8 months ago
anchajaya - 8 months ago

It worked!! the stars showed up with the lowest day time setting. It just needed a little light to show up. Why did the button not showing that I made the request?

anchajaya 8 months ago
JayPH - 8 months ago

Please check RS team and advise! Thank you!

Q 3ww7qez2pbuhj7

JayPH 8 months ago
Kelly Carter - 8 months ago

I have lamps that stop working. When I first photograph them they work and then in a 2nd photo they will be off. I have tried adjusting the lighting intensity but that does not work. I will have multiples of the same lamp and all will work but one. Is there a way to fix this?

Kelly Carter 8 months ago
cogito agent - 8 months ago

More than 16 Lamps?  Count also unused lamps outside.

Sometimes it helps to delete the lamp, delete the cache and redraw it.

Is the lamp switched on on the left side? 

cogito agent 8 months ago
Kelly Carter - 8 months ago

Thank you cogito agent. Yes they are switched on and I don't have more than 16 lamps on the most recent ones. I have some with more than 16 lights - lamps that work just fine. I have tried deleting and re-adding and there are lamps on the same wall that are working. I also have double wall lamp fixtures with one light working and the other one not working. All the other lamps that are the same are working fine.

Kelly Carter 8 months ago
anchajaya - 8 months ago

@Kelly, I have noticed that there are some lamps with more then one light bulbs would not work if you have more then 15 lights. Some lights would burn out after 15 renders (maybe more). So if one lamp has 6 light bulbs they count as 6. If there are lamps that are not on and you have more then 15 they would stop working as well. So I usually end up deleting most of my lights so there are less then 15 lights so the fuse box don't burn out.

anchajaya 8 months ago

Hi, the world is a disc ?

The reflection of the background scenery shows the "end" of the working table.

Normal 3D Photo :

Sujwiwgkzmwt0e h

And Photorealistic mode :

19806526 1497139970

And here :

Y8wc8w4fkhx6jyzi

anchajaya - 7 months ago

@JeroenBekkers and RS staff,

Is it possible to add company/brands or in search categories? I like the fact I can access my RS account from DWR and Revolve websites. But I can't seem to do that from DMlights website. (they have to pay a fee maybe?)

If RS add search option by company products it would allow us to design rooms tailor to each company. Then the rooms we design can be added to their design library. (like I see in DMlights, currently not too many in DWR)

Maybe it is intentional, right now all the rooms we design have products from multi companies because we can not separate them in our search. 

If RS presorted products according to company names or even country locations it would help sell more products. 

Example: If I have a customer living in England, they would like me to design a room with products that don't have expensive oversea shipping fees. If there is a company that have warehouses closer to their location then I would design with products from that location. Everything would arrive on location around the same time instead of having products being shipped from many different countries in the world because we designed them not thinking they have to pay for shipping and import fees. 

anchajaya 7 months ago
color blind - 6 months ago

Someone please help!! Some lights in my design are not working. I've checked and tweaked the light settings over and over again, but to no avail!! Is this a bug or something? Please help me out. Thanks!!

color blind 6 months ago
dZynerSuPreme - 6 months ago

Ceiling light, Verpan Fun 10DM glows super bright, even when set on 7.

These don't light at all, even though they have sliders:

• Basel Lantern

• Steel Glass Lantern Single

These don't have any sliders:

• Blombus Lumbra Stainless Steele Lantern with Clear Glass

• Pendant Light Black

These don't render at all in either view:

• Chandelier Large (looks like amber colored grapes)

• Chandelier Long (looks like burgundy grapes)

Thank You

dZynerSuPreme 6 months ago
Kelly Carter - 6 months ago

To colorblind. Do you have more than 16 lights? 16 is the max you can have.

Kelly Carter 6 months ago
color blind - 6 months ago

@kelly: yes. Is that so? Well too bad :( @roomstyler team: please lift the limit on maximum lights on a design

color blind 6 months ago
DMLights-user-1037168 - 4 months ago

Is is possible to have slider for night mode as we have, for day mode. I don`t like idea of too dark sky, preferred the one we had before, but it doesnt mean this has to be the only option. Consider it, please. Well I don`t know what to do so that the sky is a little bit lighter, but having the night mode turned on. Thank you.

dZynerSuPreme - 4 months ago

Kelly and Color Blind, I have found that 16 is not necessarily a maximum in all instances. What I mean is, it seems to depend on the combination of lights that you choose. I have designs that have dozens of lights turned on at once. However, the tricky part is, there is no way to tell which lights will work well together. It's all trial and error. I've added new lights and a previously placed lamp that was well lit, will go out after the next "Save." So I removed the last light that I added, saved again, then the other lamp lit up again. I've also had lights work wonderfully through many revisions of my design, then suddenly I save again and now those same lights don't work anymore. That's the part that I have the biggest problem with right now. I had a ceiling light that was making beautiful shadows on the ceiling and walls for two whole days of working on the project. Now, although still lit,  suddenly everything is dull and flat with no reflections on the ceiling and walls and I haven't added any new lights to the project in hours. Even with some lights turned off, I can't get it the way it once was. It was a main focal point, so now my project has lost a really dynamic element and that is both frustrating and disappointing. I tried retracing my steps to see where things went wrong. For a while there, it seemed to be that using the "Save as" option had something to do with it. For the two days that I only used "Save," I had no problem with the lighting. Then after several "Save as" usages, that's when things went wrong. It could be a coincidence because I can't make sense of it, but I know that I am really irritated by whatever system glitch is causing this issue. In fact, this is the third project in a row, that I've had this lighting problem with, since returning to the site after being away for over a year and a half. 

Is anyone from Roomstyler even monitoring this thread? There are no comments in here from any of their team members, in the past 4 months!

dZynerSuPreme 4 months ago
hauser - 4 months ago

I´ve got the best results with darker daymode and night pictures as scenery -

i ´ve even got good and better results with daymode and nightpictures as wallart !!! 

hauser 4 months ago
dZynerSuPreme - 4 months ago

Please add lighting capabilities to Acorn & Oak Leaf 9 Lt Chandelier by Meyda Tiffany. Thank you.

dZynerSuPreme 4 months ago
dZynerSuPreme - 3 months ago

Please add light-up capabilities to the following:

• Kichler Castilla Indoor 5 Light Seine Crackle Incandescent Chandelier

• Felice 9 Light Marble Ceiling Fitting- Rustic Brown

• Dupont 5 Light 21 in. Chandelier with Satin White Glass Finished in Brushed Nickel

• Eichholtz 12 Arm Chandelier, Cream Shades

• Chandelier, Clear Glass (if there is more than one with this name, here are the dimensions - H50" x W29" x D7")

Thank You

dZynerSuPreme 3 months ago
dZynerSuPreme - 3 months ago

Oh, these need light-up capabilities too. Thank You. 

• Murano Glass Chandelier - Black

• Murano Glass Chandelier - Smoke

dZynerSuPreme 3 months ago
starsector - 3 months ago

I'm sure this has been posted before, but maybe not for a while now.

A couple problems with the 'lightbulb' tab in the left hand panel:  When we click on the light icon, then go into the panel, then make a change on a light fixture there, it then bumps you out of the light icon tab.  So then you have to keep going back in for each and every light. 

That can be especially time consuming when using lots of lights with the intent of using a Photorealistic/Iray render.

Additionally, sometimes all my lights and sun settings completely reset at random.  I haven't discovered a pattern to that yet.  But when that happens, I have to start all over in the Light bulb icon tab, repeatedly, as mentioned above.

starsector 3 months ago
Daisy320 - 19d ago

I'm frustrated. I went into my design for the Modern Living Room contest to fix one mistake on a wall....and now none of my lanterns will come on. They were all on before....now I have even replaced them and still nothing. What can I do? How can I get them back on? They were all beautiful in my first submission to the contest...and now I have no lanterns on....help! 

Daisy320 19d ago